Gut-Healing Bone Broth
This homemade bone broth is full of collagen and gelatin to improve your gut health, skin health, and joint health. Pasture-raised and grass-fed animal bones and joints are rich in amino acids, collagen, and gelatin, all of which support healthy bones, joints, and skin — some of the most important and largest parts of your body!
Nutritional experts recommend consuming bone broth from pasture raised animals at least several times per week for optimal health. Bone broth is a very gentle, nourishing food that can help support your immune system, modulate your inflammatory response, and optimize skin, hair, and nail health.
Bone broth is great in soups in stews but don't overlook the option to simply pour it into a mug and enjoy it as a warm & nourishing drink!
Gut-Healing Bone Broth Recipe
- 1 whole pasture raised chicken carcass (or 2 pounds of grass fed beef marrow bones)
- 8 cups water
- 6 stalks celery - chopped
- 2 medium carrots - chopped
- 1/2 white or yellow onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chopped celery, carrots and onion on cookie sheet along with chicken carcass (or beef bones).
- Roast bones and veggies for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through to achieve browning on both sides.
- Place bones and veggies into crockpot.
- Add in water, vinegar, parsley and salt.
- Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low heat for a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 hours. The longer it cooks, the more healing benefits you’ll receive.
- When it's finished cooking, strain broth and place into glass jars for storage.
- Store broth in a sealed container in your refrigerator for up to a week. Any excess broth can be stored in the freezer and defrosted to enjoy later.
Would You Like FREE Bones to Make This Gut-Healing Broth?
Check out our Sampler Box below and take advantage of Free Shipping and Free Bones!!